Press release -
Maxon Announces the Immediate Availability of Universe 4.0
Friedrichsdorf, Germany – June 22, 2021 – Maxon, the developers of professional software solutions for motion designers, visual effects artists and editors, today announced the immediate availability of Universe 4.0. This latest subscription-only release features Electrify for creating electrical effects on images, footage, and logos, Texturize Motion for blending animated textures with footage for sketchy, stop motion looks, and Analog for simulating dynamic analog retro-TV-styles, noise, interference, and CRT effects. These new effects include 100+ exciting presets. Universe 4.0 also takes advantage of Apple‘s latest Metal technology for optimal GPU performance on Mac. With improved Premiere Pro and After Effects integration, users will notice significant performance improvements. Additionally, in an effort to provide continuous content-driven value to the community, 140 exciting new presets have been added for Array Gun and Typographic contributed by talented Motion Designer, Laura Porat.
“Universe 4.0 gives artists the ability to quickly and easily create their favorite effects and add visual excitement to their projects. It’s a pleasure to provide tools we know are going to inspire the creative community,” said Dave McGavran, Maxon CEO. “I am also very pleased with the under-the-hood improvements that offer notable enhancements, and set the groundwork for greater performance and efficiency in future releases.”
Universe 4.0 Overview
- Electrify: Add sizzling lightning effects to images and footage by using source image contours to generate electrical effects, Fractal Noise sources to create custom patterns without image contours or select both options at the same time for maximum shock value. Shimmer effects can be added with an animated matte texture.
- Texturize Motion: Choose from a library of 14 high resolution animated textures to blend into existing footage for sketchy, stop motion looks. Rotation, scale, and position jitter controls are integrated to add additional custom shakiness. Artists can even add custom textures for unlimited possibilities.
- Analog: Simulate a multitude of color, noise, interference, and CRT effects to recreate classic television video effects. Simple settings like Phase, Filter, Temperature offer complete control to create a wide variety of looks. Basic scan lines, CRT dots, and squares can be added for a realistic CRT projection as well as screen curvature, reflections and more.
- New Presets: Includes 100+ presets for the new effects as well as 140 fresh new presets for Array Gun and Typographic created by Motion Designer, Laura Porat. The presets are themed around three categories: Sci-fi, Minimalistic and Trendy/Retro. All the presets are very versatile and can be used with a wide variety of assets and designs.
How to Upgrade:
If you already have the Maxon App installed, updating is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Close out of all host applications.
- Click the “Update” button for Universe.
- Follow the installer prompts.
If you have not installed the Maxon App yet, please download it and follow the steps above.
Universe 4.0 runs on Windows and macOS, and includes over 92 tools for:
- Adobe After Effects CC 2019 or later
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 or later
- Apple Final Cut Pro X 10.5 or later
- Apple Motion 5.5 or later
- Avid Media Composer 8.2 or later
- Magix VEGAS Pro 14 or later
- DaVinci Resolve 14 or later
About the Nemetschek Group
The Nemetschek Group is a pioneer for digital transformation in the AEC/O industry. With its intelligent software solutions, it covers the entire lifecycle of building and infrastructure projects and guides its customers into the future of digitalization. As one of the leading corporate groups worldwide in this sector, the Nemetschek Group increases quality in the building process and improves the digital workflow of all those involved in the building process. Customers can design, build and manage buildings more efficiently, sustainably and resource-saving. The focus is on the use of open standards (OPEN BIM). The portfolio also includes digital solutions for visualization, 3D modeling, and animation. The innovative products of the 15 brands of the Nemetschek Group in the four customer-oriented segments are used by approximately six million users worldwide. Founded by Prof. Georg Nemetschek in 1963, the Nemetschek Group today employs more than 3,000 experts.
Publicly listed since 1999 and quoted on the MDAX and TecDAX, the company achieved revenue amounting to EUR 596.9 million and an EBITDA of EUR 172.3 million in 2020.