Press release -
Maxon and Mograph.com Announce 2023 Multi-Continent Roadshow
Bad Homburg - April 12, 2023 - Maxon, developers of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers and visual effects artists, is excited to announce the co-production of "The Design and Animation Tour" (DAT), in collaboration with community leaders and event organizers, Mograph.com. Kicking off at the end of April with the North American leg of the tour and with numerous industry-leading guest presenters, these events have been designed to inspire, educate, and motivate creative professionals and new artists around the world. From presentations and shared tips and tricks from an experienced team of professionals, to showcases of the latest product developments using shared project files, these events are a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about visual effects and how they can use them to create amazing content.
Dell in partnership with Nvidia, two of the world’s leading technology companies, and OTOY, creator of the Render Network - the world's first decentralized GPU rendering and 3D asset marketplace - have stepped up as major sponsors of the event. Toolfarm, leading reseller of software solutions for video editing, motion graphics, and visual effects professionals is also sponsoring.
“With the cancellation of major industry events such as NAB and IBC at the onset of the pandemic, we brought the 3D and Motion Design Shows, as well as our regular weekly workshops to the virtual world, and we’ve seen exceptional attendance and feedback over the last few years,” says Maxon CMO Paul Babb. “But it’s time to get back to in person events, after easing back in 2022. Our creative community is eager for more live tutorials and demonstrations, and we want to bring this directly to their cities. This roadshow will help us to reconnect with our community and partners in a more personal, in-person experience and we hope to inspire creativity and innovation amongst those who attend.”
Maxon and Mograph.com Roadshow events are open to all skill levels of digital artists, motion designers, animators, graphic artists, visualizers, and students. A nominal fee will be charged for entry. Maxon will also be streaming several of the events live and recordings will be available online after each event for on-demand viewing.
Each event will consist of three distinct segments:
- Create: Tips and techniques for creating VFX, motion graphics, and interactive media using the Maxon One suite of tools as well as other industry-leading products.
- Connect: Featuring a panel discussion with local and visiting industry leaders, including audience participation. Topics will include the world of design, education, continued learning, job hunting, networking, contract work, mental health, work/life balance, and the complex social issues facing the modern digital artist.
- Celebrate: Closing out each event will be a social mixer with food, drinks, prize giveaways, and swag. This will be an opportunity for local students and artists to meet with industry professionals, studios, and any other attendees. In select cities, this event will move to a separate venue such as breweries, art galleries, or event centers to coincide with other motion graphics events.
Each city will feature a number of industry professionals demonstrating their key workflows and best practices. Full line-ups for each show will be available online, but attendees can expect to see presentations from popular Maxon regulars such as:
- EJ Hassenfratz: EJ is a multi-Emmy winning freelance motion design artist based out of Denver. EJ has conducted numerous webinars, presented at NAB, Adobe Video World, Siggraph and many other events worldwide, and creates tutorials for School of Motion and lynda.com.
- Chris Schmidt: Chris is the founder of Rocket Lasso. For two decades he has been providing workflow-enhancing plugins, tutorials, and live-streamed knowledge to the Maxon community. Each and every Wednesday, artists can find Chris on Twitch, diving into an endless variety of topics as he tackles questions live from the audience.
- Jonathan Winbush: Jonathan Winbush is the owner of Winbush Immersive, and a multi-award-winning motion graphics artist with over a decade of experience working television, virtual and augmented reality. An official Unreal partner, he continues to create amazing content on his YouTube Channel about Unreal Engine, Motion Graphics, Virtual Production, and Interactive Development.
The first leg of the Maxon 2023 Roadshow will be visiting the following locations:
April 28th – University of Texas, Dallas, TX – Get Tickets now >
May 11th – Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, Denver, CO – Get Tickets now >
May 17th – Penn Museum, Philadelphia, PA
June 11th – Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN – Get Tickets now >
July TBD – Seattle, WA
September TBD – Chicago, IL
November – December TBD – Atlanta, GA, Tampa and Miami, FL, Charleston, SC
July 28th – Vancouver Film School, Vancouver, BC
August 17th – DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown, Toronto, ON – Get Tickets now >
August 22nd – DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal, Montreal, QC – Get Tickets now >
November TBD – London, Paris Berlin, Barcelona, Milan
Mograph.com is an online community for motion graphics and animation enthusiasts, offering a wealth of resources, classes, tutorials, and industry insights. The platform features the engaging Mograph Podcast, hosted by industry veterans Dave Koss and Matt Milstead, who interview renowned artists like Beeple, Erin Sarofsky, and Barton Damer. Mograph.com also hosts the innovative 24/7 streaming network, Mograph TV, providing continuous access to curated motion design content. With its vibrant community and commitment to fostering talent, Mograph.com empowers content creators by collaborating with software providers like Maxon to deliver cutting-edge solutions and education, enabling artists to excel in the ever-evolving world of motion graphics and animation.
About the Nemetschek Group
The Nemetschek Group is a globally leading software provider for digital transformation in the AEC/O and media industries. Its intelligent software solutions cover the entire lifecycle of building and infrastructure projects and enable creatives to optimize their workflows. Customers can design, build, and manage buildings and infrastructures more efficiently and sustainably and develop digital content such as visualizations, films and computer games more creatively. The software provider is driving innovations such as digital twins as well as open standards (OPEN BIM), and sustainability in the AEC/O industry, constantly expanding its portfolio by also investing in deep-tech startups. Currently more than seven million users worldwide are shaping the world with the customer-focused solutions of our four divisions. Founded by Prof. Georg Nemetschek in 1963, the Nemetschek Group today employs around 3,600 experts globally.
Publicly listed since 1999 and quoted on the MDAX and TecDAX, the company generated revenues amounting to EUR 801.8 million and an EBITDA of EUR 257.0 million in 2022.